I had a pot of this on Friday while in Gong Fu Tea. It was good but I think the staff steeped it a bit too long – 5 minutes. It was strong and not harsh but the maltiness was missing. It has a heavy malty smell when dry.

I got some to take home just the same (wishing that they would offer smaller amounts than 2 ounces) and tried steeping for what I would consider a normal time.

Yes. This time I get maltiness, though not as much as some others and a deeper flavor profile. I wouldn’t keep this in the cupboard over other favorites, but it is quite nice.

All you really need to do is find friends who like black tea who will swap .5 ounce of tea with you for onto nether random tea you haven’t tried. Haha Terri and I do that occasionally – she buys x dollars worth and then I buy the same, plot them in half and then mail them to each other :) twice the tea for the same price and no one"s stuck with 1-2ounces all to themselves :)

Comments