Hm.

Hm.

This was gifted to me about a year after it was purchased (yeah, in my family we sometimes lose track of things…) so I don’t know if that has anything to do with the flavor I’m getting.

First sip was floral for some reason. Second sip was fruity. After that, it now tastes like Smarties. Not the chocolate Smarties you get in countries other than the US, but the US Smarties – the chalky, vaguely fruit flavored discs that come wrapped in a tube. Everyone gets them on Halloween and most kids don’t eat them. Not that they are bad, they just aren’t that mother load of Halloween – chocolate! Now they have all kinds of brands and flavors, even SweeTart ones. But the ones this tea reminds me of are the original Smarties.

As it cools I get some of the ginger peach flavors back. Not a bad black base – mild and unintrusive. Might be quite good cold. Not sure how fast I’ll work my way through this tin with all the other options available to me. :) I have plenty of it, though, so if anyone wants any, speak up! (just like with any of my cupboard teas…I’m always up for swap or flat out reducing my stash through giving!)

Haha rockets! As a kid those were my favourite at Halloween :)