drank PG Tips by PG Tips

We had an English pub open up right down the street from us less than a month ago. I stopped by there this evening after dropping the husband off at the airport. We’ve been there twice before and I have been pleased to see that their hot tea offering is PG Tips (noted on the menu by name) and offered in a teapot, not just a cup.

Yeah…it’s like the English version of Lipton but better, and by better I mean stronger. :) It also seems to be more forgiving of water temperatures that are likely far too cool to steep a lot of teas satisfactorily. The first two times it was a pyramid bag. Tonight it was a bag like Celestial Seasonings – flat, square, meshy/papery. I wonder if they had run out or something, because it wasn’t as hefty as before either. Or maybe it was a flat bagged version of PG Tips rather than the pyramids.

At any rate, while nothing I want to keep around, it’s a very passable restaurant tea. :) I do wish I could find PG Tips Strong in a store around here to try out…

gmathis

I can find it bagged pretty easily, but my source for looseleaf/bulk dried up. Missing it.

Nicole

I have never even seen it loose.