drank Queen Catherine by Harney & Sons

Sneaky tea!

I smelled no smoke in the dry leaves. Now, after steeping, it smells like cocoa and tastes like barbecue. I think it could grow on me, despite being smokier than I like. It’s dry in the mouth but I may have oversteeped slightly. It is excellent with cream – smoothes out any rough edges and takes away some of the smoke.

ifjuly

aaah i am so happy you said that. i felt like a crazy person because my first impression ever of this tea was “smoke?! i smell chocolate and vanilla”. i did get the smell later as it cooled but nobody else mentions sweet smells in their logs. i feel so not-as-alone now!

ifjuly

did get the *smoke later, rather.

Amanda Wilson

that sounds yum!!

Comments

ifjuly

ifjuly

did get the *smoke later, rather.

Amanda Wilson