drank Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong by Yezi Tea

Unique. Not Scotchy, but unique. It’s certainly spent time over a fire. It’s smokier than I like. To me, this is like inhaling charcoal. As it cooled, it got even harsher. Glad I tried it, but wow, this one isn’t my thing at all. I can’t taste anything beyond the smoke. Of course, I may not have steeped this properly, either. Always room for that possibility. :)

i don’t remember getting any smoke at all from this one haha of course it also didn’t taste like scotch either

Nicole

It is highly possible that I didn’t steep correctly. I tend to a one-size-fits-all steep method and some teas likely don’t respond well to that approach. :)

TastyBrew

Yeah, i don’t remember smoke either. But I do remember burnt toast. So maybe when you really burn toast it turns smoky :-)

Amanda Wilson

I am excited to try this tea since I love smokey teas, and…if the article I am groggily skimming is correct Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong is basically higher quality Lapsang Souchong. So that is awesome.

Comments