Beautiful dry leaves. So pretty. The leaves are huge when they unfurl. This is nicely vegetal but not in a spinachy way, just in an oolongy way. It is mild and buttery, though not as much so as the oolongs that have made me love them for their texture. I did look this up before steeping and tried to pay attention. I did 4 steeps, 15 seconds, 30 seconds & 40 seconds. Then the last one I just left the leaves in the cup until I was finished drinking. At the last it was a little sweeter than it started out.

I understand why people say they just get amazing flavors that develop out of these small steepings – it seems like if you only steep for 15 seconds at a time then it’s only common sense that you aren’t getting all the flavors possible out of the tea at once. Maybe that makes it easier to isolate the flavors. Dunno. It isn’t my favorite way to steep. No patience for it I guess. Maybe that means I’m not fully experiencing the tea but honestly, as long as I come up with something I like to drink it doesn’t matter to me. :)

It was a good tea and I’m glad Sil shared some with me!

:) glad it was enjoyable. NOthing to keep around all the time but still worth an experience heh