Thanks to ifjuly, I am tasting my first Teavivre tea and I think my first tan yang (unless it has been masquerading under other names).

Oh so sweet and caramely and bready. It was awesome and then I started eating some sharp cheese. Suddenly it was like this tea had cream added to it. I have never had that happen before. Food that enhances a flavor already noticed, yes. But adds a flavor not dreamed of previously? Not until now.

And the second steep, while not as deep in flavor, was still eminently drinkable.

Damn. Now I have to make a Teavivre order soon.

ifjuly

yay, glad you’re digging it! and as far as i know, tanyang sometimes is called panyang, the way congou is related to gongfu and kungfu.

i have a feeling you’d like a bunch of the teavivre black teas, like their dian hong golden tip and bailin gongfu. they’re often rich and sweet and bready too. and they’re pretty reasonably priced, which is nice.

Comments

ifjuly

Kansas City, MO