drank Golden Blend by Harney & Sons

I’m glad I waited to try this at work before rating it. When I had it here at home, even with spring water, it wasn’t really standing out. I was looking at the price for a pound and thinking “Wow, really? I would never pay that much for this. Glad I only got 2 ounces.” After having it at work today, it turned into a nice, mellow, smooth blend. Honey and cocoa and medium maltiness. I wouldn’t pick it over Golden Monkey alone but for being the best of both worlds, it’s really very good. I guess when I do it at home I need to err on the low side of water temperature. Can’t really get above about 185-190 at work I think.

boychik

Did you try it in store? Sounds delicious !

TeaTiff

How is it different than Golden monkey taste wise?

Nicole

I think I did try it in the store. So it must have impressed me there. :)

Nicole

@TeaTiff: It’s milder. Blend a golden monkey with a good, medium tippy Assam. A milder malt, not as much cocoa, not as much honey but with more mild fruity notes maybe.

Comments

boychik

Did you try it in store? Sounds delicious !

TeaTiff

How is it different than Golden monkey taste wise?

Nicole

I think I did try it in the store. So it must have impressed me there. :)

Kansas City, MO