drank Royal Golden Safari by Butiki Teas

Very long leaves. Definitely nutty and I can see where the cocoa descriptor comes from, but I’m not sure yet that I’d call it cocoa. There is something else there, I just can’t place it.

Thus far, though this is the only Kenyan I have reviewed, I don’t think I care much for Kenyan teas. I have tried all of them in the sampler pack I got and while they do certainly seem like quality teas, they have all been much more astringent than I care for. Very, very dry mouthfeel. Almost to the point that my mouth feels parched when I finish drinking. But…

I held off on reviewing after the first cup. I brewed up a whole pot and it was less dry with a whole pot. I’m guessing I’ll have to be pretty strict about amounts and steeping time with the Kenyans.

Butiki Teas

Hi Nicole, I just wanted to give a brewing suggestion for this tea. I set the brewing instructions pretty much at the maximum time/temp to make a stronger cup of tea. The original instructions that were given to me were 1 level teaspoon for 3 minutes at 180. I think those instructions might be better suited to your tastes.

Nicole

Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Nicole

Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

Kansas City, MO