Stormy Night will entice you with the scent of coconut and cinnamon but it’s the chocolate that will seal the deal for you. This was the first tea I purchased from DavidsTea, being a big fan of black tea and a big fan of chocolate I figured it was worth the shot, and overall I will say I like it though it didn’t really blow me out of the water.

Dry the tea has small leaves is very dark with some contrast added in by the coconut flakes and chocolate chunks. It has a strong cinnamon scent with light coconut undertones. Brewing the tea takes on a dark appearance and has a strong cinnamon smell.

The final beverage is your standard black tea color, very dark, lots of cinnamon can be seen floating around in the drink, the smell kind of reminds of hot chocolate a bit, more so if you add milk.

Stormy night will certainly appeal to the chocolate and cinnamon lovers out there, but be warned it is a fairly strong flavored tea (heavy cinnamon) so people that do not like explosions of flavor may find this tea too much. Fans of chocolate milk and hot apple cider will feel right at home with this tea. It is one of my personal favorites to enjoy on an actual stormy night as it seems to make me care less that it is raining!

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.