drank Prairie Berry by DAVIDsTEA

Well I know absolutely nothing about Saskatoon or Saskatchewan in general, I have only been through it once in a vehicle and I slept and the other times I have flown over it so I am generally too busy watching a movie and enjoying a utterly horrible in-flight meal!

I got this tea as a sampler pack from DAVIDsTEA with an online order and I decided to grab this and a coco chai rooibos pack as I was rushing out the door to work this morning. I brewed Prairie Berry first, naturally because it has caffeine content to it and that is something we can all use on a Monday morning back to work.

As soon as I opened the package I knew I was most likely going to enjoy this tea, up to this point I had yet to try or even smell this one and it sits on the tea wall at my local store. It had a nice jam aroma to it similar to Blueberry Jam; however this smelled more sweet. Steeping the tea brought out a sweet smelling berry aroma that had me drooling waiting for it to be ready to drink.

The final brew is quite dark and sweet smelling, the taste is utterly awesome I don’t know why I have passed by this one so many times, I mean I freaking LOVE blueberry jam and while this is similar it has a totally different flavor profile. I wish I had of grabbed some of this one instead of the copious other oolongs I grabbed from Davids, basically the entire collection minus Prairie Berry and Pineapple Oolong. This will certainly be a main one I keep, I dare say I may like it more then Long Life Oolong :O

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.