drank Chocolate Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve had this the past two mornings. It’s utterly drinkable, but that’s about it. I find it quite bland. I don’t like the sensation stevia gives me in tea, which is odd as I use stevia plenty in food and have come to like it. I’m also a bit biased against carob. I don’t really mind carob by its own merits, but I don’t like it when it masquerades as chocolate. It doesn’t work as chocolate for me. Too bitter.

I also don’t like the copious amounts of carob powder that end up in the bottom of my cup. I’ve ended up leaving about 1/5th of both cups as it makes it too gritty and bitter.

Anyway, not awful but nothing to make me want to finish what I have let alone buy more. I will say it smells awesome, though! I get chocolate cake from the scent, and muddy, watery carob from the taste.

Kittenna

Just picked this one up! Everyone’s trying it and I wanted to participate. :D

Jessie

Haha I know! I start feeling so left out when I see a lot of notes about the same tea.

Comments

Kittenna

Just picked this one up! Everyone’s trying it and I wanted to participate. :D

Jessie

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto