drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I’m feeling rather odd about this one. It tastes good. It’s sweet, it’s black tea. It’s very sweet in what I’m coming to view as a generic sort of way. I actually don’t taste chocolate at all! It tastes like caramel to me. And, while you can’t fault a tea for tasting like caramel, that wasn’t why I bought this. My gentleman friend got one to go from the store, with milk, and when I had a sip and told him it didn’t taste like chocolate he didn’t know what I was talking about; not knowing what red velvet cake is and the tea tasting like caramel had him confused. Anyway. I’ve since had it at home a couple times and while I won’t be upset to use it up it is another that I’m not going to feel compelled to re-buy.

Tina S.

I got the caramel notes too. It was a nice flavour but I didn’t get a chocolate. Glad I’m not the only one!

Comments

Tina S.

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto