drank Oh Canada! by DAVIDsTEA

When I visited a sugarbush (which didn’t yet have any maple syrup!) a couple weekends ago, I realized I hadn’t tried Oh Canada. What was with that? I have tried most or all of the flavoured DT teas that appeal to me, so I knew I had to get on this.

Opening the bag is just like opening a bottle of maple syrup. Same scent, same colour. Although there are candies. As wonderful as maple syrup is, it doesn’t have colourful candies. I would like to be ashamed of getting excited at candies in tea, but why wouldn’t something like a maple-flavoured rooibos have candies?

Anyway, I deeply and sincerely love maple syrup. But, it’s not exactly compatible with my attempted lowish-carb diet. I have some artifically sweetened maple(-flavoured?) syrup, but I have to try pretty hard to convince myself it’s anywhere close to the real thing. This tea does taste seriously mapley, so it’s great to have in my arsenal of craving-killing teas. I’ll need to get more than the small amount I picked up, as I’ve already had three cups of it. I prefer it with a little milk, I think, but definitely feel no need to sweeten it. I also clearly need to use this the next time I make pancakes!

aisling of tea

My wife and I made syrup out of this tea and it is so very tasty.

Jessie

Um, that is brilliant. I just realized I could try making syrup with this tea and a sweetener like erythritol. I have type 1 diabetes and don’t like artificial sweeteners, which makes things difficult. Thanks for the idea!

Comments

aisling of tea

My wife and I made syrup out of this tea and it is so very tasty.

Jessie

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto