drank La La Lemon (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

The boyfriend and I each got a travel glass of this in store yesterday for their Earth Day promotion. I was excited that one of the options was a tea I hadn’t tried.

I wasn’t a fan, but it seemed like this was substantially over-steeped. It was incredibly dark and tasted very bitter. The boyfriend quickly noted like others here that this tastes more of lemon peel than lemon fruit. For me it was more like a really bitter cup of black tea that had a lemon candy dropped into it.

So, while this was probably the fault of the brewing conditions, I’m not sure if I’ll try it again. It would probably be perfect for iced tea, but I might prefer just to add my own lemon.

aisling of tea

I’ve found that with most teas bought to-go in a DT store, the leaves are either scalded or oversteeped, which is sad. We tend to save the bag of leaves in a separate cup until we can get home and experiment on our own, or if we really do just need a tea on the run, we go for an herbal or rooibos. shrugs I’ve tried many of their tea samples and thought I didn’t like it, only to get it home and realize I’m in love lol.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I’ve never been in a DT store … do you mean to tell me they don’t have hot water spigots at different temps?

Jessie

They don’t! There is often a surprising lack of care with the to-go teas and tea of the day samples.

Wow. I’m surprised.

Comments

aisling of tea

Jessie

Wow. I’m surprised.

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto