drank Yunnan Red Cloud by Postcard Teas

Back from London, with a few teas in hand. I’ve been so looking forward to trying my purchases after a lot of bagged hotel tea all week. Postcard Teas was delightful. I limited myself to one black, one green, and one herbal though it was pretty heart-breaking to do so.

So, I’ve settled in with a big mug of this to help me recover (after sleeping on-and-off for the past 14 hours) from the transatlantic flights and long days on my feet scurrying around palaces, museums, and tea shops. I didn’t know quite where to start with this so I went with a quick steep of 2.5 minutes at something like 95 degrees. The leaves were beautifully big and twisty.

Excellent choice. This came out not surprisingly light, but surprisingly full-bodied. It’s gently earthy but also has a really lovely sweetness mentioned in the description. There’s absolutely no bitterness to be found, but a fair amount of astringency that makes it a good wake-up tea.

Angrboda

Ah London. :) I hope you had a wonderful trip! Shame the Brahma tea museum (or something) doesn’t exist anymore. It wasn’t very large but it was an interesting visit, I though.
My (english) boyfriend is making me even more of an anglophile than I was before I met him despite the fact that he isn’t really a very patriotic-minded person himself. I have a lot of good memories of London and England in general now. :)

Jessie

I did have a wonderful trip, thanks! Such an incredible city. I’ve been three times now and still feel I’ve barely made a dent in all the things I want to see there.

I found the Brahma museum website right before I left and was so excited until I eventually realized it had been closed. I would’ve liked to see it.

Angrboda

When I went I didn’t really learn anything I didn’t know a little about before, but it was more the idea of actually being able to see some of these things.

I’ve been three times as well, although one was just a daytrip, and you’re right, you’re not likely to ever finish seeing sights and famous places. :) We did do the British Museum last time we were there, though. It took half a day and that was WITH an itinerary of the objects they had said was a good representation of what they had. That place is enormous.

Comments

Angrboda

Jessie

Angrboda

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto