drank Prince Vladimir by Kusmi Tea

I’m finding the flavour combinations in Kusmi teas really fascinating, and this one was no exception. Grapefruit, spice, vanilla?

I made this this morning while getting ready for work. It smelled great but to my disappointment wasn’t really doing it for me. It seemed too overpowering and like it should be saved for a cold winter’s night. My stomach was a little unsettled at the time, but I didn’t expect a reaction like that.

I’d made extra to take to work in my travel mug. I started sipping an hour or two later at work, when it had largely cooled down so it was more just kind of warm. And I really liked it! The spiciness was certainly front and centre but the vanilla and citrus danced around in the background. Very smooth, nicely sweet thanks to the vanilla. I’m not sure how I managed to get two very different impressions from the same infusion, but I’m capable of amazing things.

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto