drank Carrot Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I finally got around to making some (wheat- and sugar-free) carrot cake in muffin form with Carrot Cake-infused oil. They were seriously tasty (and seriously filling!). I think the tea helped add extra richness which played nicely with the walnuts I sprinkled in. I’m glad as I didn’t think it would make much difference, and it’s a shame to waste tasty tea.

how do you infuse oil with carrot cake o.O

Jessie

The recipe I use calls for (melted) coconut oil. I just melted the oil down in a small pot on the stove, added the tea, let it simmer for about 5 minutes and then sit for a few more. Then I strained the tea out and added the oil to the batter. Yum! You can do the same with butter or any kind of oil in recipes. The fats carry the flavour better in food than water.

Ashley Bain

Neat! I bet infusing the butter in buttercream frosting with tea would be lovely! I love baking but I’ve never experimented with tea, I’m going to have to start.

Ashley Bain

BTW – love coconut oil! I use it for everything. Even virgin coconut oil for a moisturizer head to toe. Awesome stuff.

Jessie

You’re right! Miracle product. Healthiest, most stable oil to cook with and also a lifesaver for dry winter skin. I’ve never infused buttercream but that sounds delicious! It’s a good excuse to make some cupcakes, anyway.

Comments

Ashley Bain

how do you infuse oil with carrot cake o.O

Jessie

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto