drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

Interesting. Dry, it does smell like chocolate. It doesn’t taste strongly of chocolate, mostly of black tea with a nice hint of malt, but at the same time I can taste the Bai Mu Dan. It’s pretty odd. I didn’t expect to taste the white in there. I do have a bitter but mellow cocoa taste at the back of my mouth on the end of the sip. I actually can’t pick out the coconut and/or chamomile flavours, so I think this is pretty successful in its goal of blending them seamlessly. I am left with a chocolate taste in my mouth after drinking it, which is pretty cool.

Amariel

I find it to be a rather mellow tea myself. Nothing astounding on my tongue, but at the same time, the marrying of the flavours to create something else entirely, is pretty neat, like you said. I think this one might be best as a latte.

Comments

Amariel

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto