I was really pleased to see a nice, light Oolong in this blend. It smelled kind of perfumey, but pleasant. I really like my Earl Greys but don’t find myself reaching for them often at home, for some reason. But, I will always try a new Earl Grey blend.

This is pretty evenly balanced between green, floral Oolong and fresh citrus. This tastes more on the orange/tangerine than typical bergamot side, to me. And they don’t mention bergamot in the description, which makes me wonder if it’s perhaps not bergamot flavouring. The jasmine flowers are a really interesting addition, playing up the tea’s floral characteristics and make for a nice silky feeling on the tongue.

Like it, will happily drink it, don’t know if it’ll be a re-buy.

aisling of tea

None of the new oolongs really spoke to me, but I had to get this one for the wife, of course. We look forward to trying it!

Jessie

Yeah, they all seem enjoyable but not too exciting hence my only buying one (I usually have zero control when there are new teas).

Dinosara

I just saw this when I was looking through the DavidsTea site the other day and noticed it hadn’t been reviewed on Steepster yet. And now here’s a review! I am definitely looking forward to trying it (I am now amassing a list of teas for when DavidsTea opens in NYC).

Kay Kanada

I also wondered about the odd absence of bergamot in the description, but am assuming it falls under ‘natural flavouring’…? The description makes it seem like ‘citrus jasmine oolong’ rather than an earl grey, which may be why I’m not running out to try it.

De

I’d agree with the ‘citrus jasmine oolong’ rather than Earl. I got a faint hint of bergamot, but that was quickly subsumed by the jasmine.

Jessie

Odd! Their regular EG lists just natural flavouring as well, but the Cream of EG lists oil of bergamot as well as natural flavouring. Who knows.

Comments

aisling of tea

Dinosara

Kay Kanada

De

Jessie

Art history and anthropology undergrad who prefers curling up with her cat and a cup of tea to writing her papers.

Toronto