Alright, so I forced myself to make another cup of this. I kept the dry leaf as far from myself as possible while making it to avoid smelling it accidentally and being put off.

As part of my healthy eating regime, no additives this time. And ugh, I wish I could put something in this because all I taste is liquorice.. and I despise anything with liquorice. As much as I was underwhelmed by the first time I had this with milk and sweetener, this time I just plain don’t like it. I might have to dump this one, otherwise try a little agave and hope for the best.

EDIT: I added some agave and it’s not gotten any better. If it was any stronger it would be reminiscent of David’s Choconut Oolong which I absolutely hated. Ugh, I really don’t know what to do with this tea.

VariaTEA

Oh no. I am sorry you disliked it so much. I am in the same boat as this tea was just not for me.

noyadefleur

Aw, yeah, it doesn’t seem to be very popular. It sounds so good though, no?

VariaTEA

It did sound tasty alas it was a disappoint. I find that is the case with Teavana in general.

noyadefleur

That’s very true. I have yet to be blown away by Teavana. I liked them better when they were Teaopia!

VariaTEA

I wasn’t into teas then but having been into a Teavana and experienced their business practices and their teas I have determined I really HATE their company.

Dexter

I miss Teaopia too – Teavana just isn’t the same – over priced, mediocre quality. IMHO

Oh for sure!

Comments

VariaTEA

noyadefleur

Aw, yeah, it doesn’t seem to be very popular. It sounds so good though, no?

Dexter

Oh for sure!

I’m a Canadian, 18 year-old university student. I started drinking tea when I was young, my dad would make me Red Rose tea with milk and sugar, and I’d drink green tea with my stepmom. I only seriously started taking an interest a few years ago. I don’t go much beyond David’s Tea and Teavana right now but I’m really trying to branch out!

Canada