drank Mei Hua by Adagio Teas

I’m saving the below since my first note stated 1min, and that probably had a lot to do with it. I actually do like this. Definitely vegetal as I mentioned, a bit grassy, but not bitter or death-like when brewed with a lower temp and shorter amount of time. Very touchy, though.
—-earlier note below (was 190F instead of 175F, 1min instead of 30sec; temps are estimates anyway)
First steeping: Smelled a bit like death and flowers to me in the bag but once brewed it was definitely floral. Taste: Slightly bitter. Very vegetal, a bit grassy. Smoother with a fuller feel. Bitter finish, moderately astringent. My water was likely still too hot, if that helps. This is definitely a green in the green sense. My rating reflects the fact I’m not a fan of most greens.

Started out on Salada, moved onto Earl Grey and English Breakfast, discovered Lady Grey and Irish Breakfast, then began loose leafs with a green Earl Grey from twinings followed years later by Adagio’s ingenuitea pot and a sampler. I’ve been hooked since.

United States