drank Kashmiri Chai by Golden Moon Tea

I opened this tea up finally. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I saw the beautiful whole spices in there, such as cloves, cinnamon bits, and cardamom pods. However, all I smelled was some sort of cinnamon spice oils. It smells too strong, and I was worried it would overpower the blend. The chai blends that I have tried never had this scent. I usually make my own blend or buy blends that are natural. This one is not natural.

Anyway, I brewed this up Western style. The blend was not bitter, which is a plus. I needed to add sugar and milk to this though. The oil is overwhelming :( I don’t recall the sample being this way. The milk and sugar did temper the oil, so I was a bit glad about that. Overall, this isn’t one of my favorites, but it seems as if it would be a great tea during the cold winter months. I will try this again but brewed over the stove top.