drank Mandarin Orange by Lupicia

I found this tea sample stuck in my sample box! I decided to try it today. This is my caffeine for the day! I had no idea what it was when I opened it up as it was in Japanese and had 8222 on it. It smelled slightly fruity. I expected a plain sencha tea. After steeping, this smelled more like sencha. I could slightly smell something fruity, but it wasn’t very obvious. The taste is nice and light with a hint of grassiness in sencha. It has a mildly sweet aftertaste, which was nice. There is no astringency in this. This was smooth. Good tea overall, but this isn’t something I would purchase in the future.

CHAroma

I highly recommend their Grapefruit Green. It’s super citrus-y and delicious!

oOTeaOo

Thank you! I will give that a try! Is it sour and tangy like real grapefruit? I don’t really love grapefruit because of the sourness.

teataku

It’s got a good bit of grapefruit flavor, but I found that the character of the green tea helped it not taste too bitter. Definitely want to sweeten it, though, especially if you’re not a sour flavor-liking person. I personally loved it, because the flavor was so in-your-face. :)

CHAroma

It definitely is an in-your-face flavor. I can’t comment on its sourness ‘cause it’s been a while…but I do like that tea better than real grapefruit.

Comments

CHAroma

I highly recommend their Grapefruit Green. It’s super citrus-y and delicious!

oOTeaOo

teataku

CHAroma

Dislikes: bitter
Allergies: Chamomile, Jasmine, Soy