drank Laos Black #05 by Steepster

I received my first Steepster Select box today, and I was excited to try it out. I was happy they offered a free trial! Since it was breakfast time, I decided to try the Laos Black #5. I love the packaging; though, I am not sure if it is recyclable.

I open the package and got a nice whiff of fresh, almost white-tea scented leaves. The leaves were wiry and slightly wavy in appearance. It is mixed with black, brown, and light brown leaves. I steeped it according to the instructions into my 8oz glass brewing vessel. The liquid was a nice medium brown color. The scent was nice, slightly malty and sweet. The taste was delicious! It had a hint of honey and sweetness to it. It wasn’t astringent or bitter at all. Very good tea! I will resteep the leaves later today.

Flavors: Grass, Honey