drank 2006 Dayi 7572 by PuerhShop.com

I was sifting through my sample basket and found this one! I used it up today. This is very different from the puerh that I had reviewed the day before. This one is deeper and more complex. This one was not very loose so I had to rinse it out a little. The dry leaf smells very earthy and dark, which is interesting and good to me! The first steep was a light-medium brown, and the taste was very light and slightly earthy and mulchy and mushroom-like (I could not have thought of this until I read toadman’s review, which is spot on!). I love how it became darker, thicker, and deeper in flavor and texture as I moved along with the steeps. I steeped this only 3 times, so I cannot say how it is after that. The flavor is bolder and earthy and almost like iron. There is only a slight astringency and small amount of bite after each sip, which is surprising for a tea this thick and strong! Delicious tea!