drank Citrus Mate by Adagio Teas

Sipdown! I made this iced last week, and that was probably the biggest mistake EVER! I had left a bag of citrus mate steeping in cool water for a few hours and saw that the liquid was getting a honey brown color so I removed it. I let it cool in the fridge overnight. The next morning I tried it and it was EXTREMELY bitter. Like medicinal bitter. Like I crushed up ibuprofen and drank it. UGH!

SO, today I had just a tiny bit left of leaf so I tried it hot. I steeped it for 45 seconds. Ahh… much better. It has the citrus scent to it; though I have had this tea for years! This thing is OLD. It isn’t as flavorful as it once was, but I am not a huge mate fan to begin with. I had only enjoyed Guayaki’s yerba mates in the past (and as a side note, I am not even sure if I would like it as much today as I did then).

Funny how tastes change through time right?