I opened this tin today! Feels good to open one up! The leaves look so fragile, long, and flat! They are larger than I expected. I’ve had dragonwells where the dry leaves are shorter. The aroma is very VERY light. A little vegetal and green.

I couldn’t rate this one because I was distracted and let it steep for longer than suggested. sigh I ran to the kitchen when I realized it was in for too long! The leaves opened up very nicely by then and smelled floral to me. The steep was yellow. I took a sip and it wasn’t bitter at all! Wow very forgiving! But alas, after a few sips, it became more bitter as I reached the bottom of my glass.

Still very good tea indeed. Darn if only I had gotten this one right!

170 °F / 76 °C