This tea was sent to me for review by Teavivre. Thank you!

I woke up this morning with a cold. I’ve had a lingering cough for a while and figured I got sick from the kids during my month of pediatrics. But now I woke up all clogged up! Ugh! Perhaps this isn’t a good time to try a new tea, but I really wanted to! So I chose this black tea this morning. I don’t think I’ve tried this tea before. When I opened this up, I took a big whiff. It smells so fresh and reminds me of autumn. The dry leaves were dark brown to black and were delicate, long, and thin with some twisting.

I made this with a larger 8oz tetsubin and drank it in my white mug. After infusion, it smelled a little savory. The color of the liquor was a medium red-brown. I have been trying to cut down on sugar so I wanted to infuse this for a shorter time. I was also a bit worried this might be bitter, but I decided, “what the heck!” I took a sip, and the taste was lovely! My sinuses and everything completely cleared up, which I was happy about. It is bold, but was not bitter or astringent at all! It went down so smooth. I was surprised and happy about it too. There was a mild hint of sweetness but I tasted dark chocolate and some savory tones. It was also toasty with a slight touch of earthiness to it. I can’t wait to try this again later.

Overall this is a very good black tea. I might consider having this in my cupboard as a staple. I want to find black teas that I don’t need any additives. I’m not a big fan of astringency or bitterness…