drank Pouchong (Bao Zhong) by ZenTea

So after my immediate love of Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong, I really wanted an unflavored one. I always thought it was more like a green-oolong hybrid but ZenTea’s site says black-oolong…hm.
The leaves look really oxidized, like a black, so I was confused because I’ve always seen pouchong being the least oxidized oolong. But they turned pretty green upon use, and the tea infuses to a nice peachy color.
So I made this tea a photo album because it was that confusing for me, the comparison picture is it next to the Coconut Pouchong: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thethrillstheyyield/sets/72157629252803537/with/6849744731/

I did 4 or 5 infusions in my gaiwan and I still have no idea how to describe this. (Yeah you’d think I counted but I am on the verge of freaking out in joy at all moments right now so counting didn’t happen.)

It was interesting. There was almost a sort of tangy flavor to it on the first two. Like beyond that I really have no idea how to even describe what I just tasted because it was like combining oolong, black, and green teas all in one.

But I liked it so that’s what matters.