drank Southern Belle by DAVIDsTEA

I can’t sleep because my sleep schedule is all messed up from this weekend’s Formula 1 activities. I was up until about 7:15 this morning thanks to the race starting at 4am AND having an hour rain delay after just 9 laps. Blah.

As a Georgia resident, I figured I had to get this tea at some point. I’ve had plenty of peach iced tea, because let’s face it, peach flavored black tea is fantastic.

In the bag it smells very funky…it smells a bit like a bad alcoholic drink. Around 3 minutes into the steep, the yogurt chips start leaving weird bits on the top of the tea. I really don’t understand the yogurt chips for this aesthetically displeasing reason.

Steeped, it smells like peach and I still get that alcohol smell. I am trying to recall if I ever had a bad night with some kind of peach drink and that’s the reason I keep getting that smell, but nothing is popping up. Or it’s the stevia, this is the first time I’ve ever had something with it so I don’t really know what it would smell like.

It tastes absolutely awful at first, like something burnt, and then right when I want to regret taking a sip, there’s a nice sweet peach taste. I think I’m going to let it sit and cool off and try it at least lukewarm before I throw it in a glass with ice instead.

So far, you are not much of a southern belle, Southern Belle.

I watch too much hockey and soccer. So does the bird in my photo, surprise. Finally getting back to drinking my way through my stash thanks to finally securing myself a real paying desk job.

atlanta