drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

Yay Steepster’s back. I was trying to remember if this tasted like Hot Toboggan when I was greeted with “oops! Google chrome can’t open this page” or whatever it is.

Sad times. (Actually the real sad times is that I burned myself with steam on my right wrist while cooking dinner. And I have no idea how to not look nuts in public tomorrow since for right now I wrapped a washcloth around it and secured it with a hair tie.)

But yes, in the end, this does taste like HT BUT it also tastes like green tea, which is useful. That was the downfall of Hot Toboggan for me.

But in the end I am not sure cinnamon apple is something I really like as a tea flavor, at least for a green. But other than that, this is good.

I have to say that apple works since I plan to make Mariage Freres Tarte Tatin au Thé for Easter and it involves steeping vanilla tea in butter. I am so excited I want it now…so you can see why I picked to try this tea out. Thanks for sending me some, Krystaleyn!

Dylan Oxford

I’m sorry, steeping Vanilla Tea in butter? Can you boil butter? What does 8 ounces of butter do to a person, I’m sure it isn’t pleasant but very nice to get there…

Bonnie

Dylan you steep the tea in butter to infuse it with flavor….you can infuse tea into many things…vinegar puerh used in salad dressing, fruit tea’s in honey, earl grey in pudding, and the list goes on.

momo

haha I wouldn’t recommend eating it on its own unless you’re Paula Deen; it gets poured into a pan and put apples on top for this

ummmmm

Missy

LOL @ the Paula Deen comment.

Dylan Oxford

An earl grey pudding sounds GOOD.

Kittenna

Hope your wrist is ok! Mom’s Apple Pie tasted much like unsweetened apple cider to me. I didn’t ever compare it to Hot Toboggan (perhaps I will now!)

momo

I just finally removed the washcloth I had around it and I have a heart shaped red spot! It just hurts to touch it to my laptop so I’m worried about note taking tomorrow, if I actually wake up to go to class at this point, oops

Indigobloom

Ouches!! I hope your wrist heals quickly. Mmmm apple butter!

Ninavampi

I am glad I didnt imagine that steepster disapeared for a bit. Lifenwithout steepster would be sad…

Comments

Dylan Oxford

ummmmm

Missy

LOL @ the Paula Deen comment.

Dylan Oxford

An earl grey pudding sounds GOOD.

Kittenna

Indigobloom

Ouches!! I hope your wrist heals quickly. Mmmm apple butter!

Ninavampi