drank Lime Jello Salad Green Tea by 52teas

I wasn’t sure about this tea when it first came out. Thanksgiving and then usually Christmas & Easter with my family involves this but with I think cool whip in it too, and most of the time it might be strawberry jello instead.
I always have to go get a separate bowl for it because I can’t have it touch anything else.

But now that my grandma’s in a nursing home, there was none of this on Sunday, even though I think my mom considered just jello since she has Easter shaped molds. But my grandma usually made it. Seeing her wasn’t as horrible as I expected but I still cried at least a dozen times. She for the most part seemed like herself since my brother and I were there, but at one point she was telling me about an Armenian festival that happened a few days ago at the nursing home. People were getting drunk and she didn’t like that there was liquid on the floor.
I seriously HAD to laugh at that because every other person in there is in a wheelchair and napping in it in the hallway. She was just so sassy about so many things, like how we need to bring pizza next time and if not we can sneak her to the car to eat it.

Anyway, this tea does taste like the jello salad I know and love from her. It really tastes just like jello but without the weird texture. It has the lime flavor, and it tastes like the pineapple bits are in there too. It gets more of the marshmallow flavor as it cools off too, which is excellent. I’m going to have to make it iced once it’s back in the 80s.

Nostalgia in a cup probably doesn’t get better than this.

Bonnie

Keep up the grandma stories! I love them!

Missy

I’m glad you had a laugh with your grandma. :D

Indigobloom

Your Grandma sounds like a cool lady. Anyone who can make a mean jello is great in my books :P

Cheryl

Your visit sounds like it went well. So glad you went. And do sneak some pizza to her next time (if she has no health reasons not to). The food there is probably a shock to her (bland to fit all restrictions).

momo

Yeah, we had taken her a strawberry milkshake and she had been saying that day was the only day with good food. But when my mom was showing my brother where the bathroom was, they stopped and looked at the menu…supreme pizza was on the alternate menu and so they made sure she’d get some. If they manage to screw up pizza I don’t even want to know.
I made cupcakes for the nurses so I would take a pizza past them. Don’t like it, no more cupcakes for you EVER.

Cheryl

Haha, sucking up to the nurses is a very good strategy. Even if good, she’ll appreciate her favorite foods when someone visits. Keeps her from resenting her surroundings (just a little bit).

Comments

Bonnie

Keep up the grandma stories! I love them!

Missy