drank Cocoa Raspberry Mate by Fusion Teas

Thank you for this sample, Fusion Tea Room!

As I was walking with my mug back to catch the last half hour of the American Le Mans race at Long Beach, it suddenly really smelled like hot cocoa. I almost couldn’t wait for it to finish steeping.

Since I have another race to watch that doesn’t start till 3am, maté time it is.

So this is my first maté by itself and I can taste it this time. I’m not used to it so it’s kind of throwing me off. It also tastes kind of minty? I can smell a bit of raspberry in the dry leaf but I’m not getting it in the cup. It does taste like it’s sweet like a berry but I can’t taste it. I might try steeping it longer next time, though I think I did for about 8 minutes.

As it’s cooling though I can kind of start getting a raspberry flavor, so maybe my taste buds are just being rebellious.

It is sweet and chocolatey, and I imagine that this is perfect for a introduction to maté. The earthy maté taste blends well with the chocolate, making it easier to get used to the taste of it.

My boyfriend just came in because I freaked out over my favorite car passing for a podium position and said it smelled good. So I let him taste it, and he said it was pretty good. This comes after he told me he doesn’t like tea.

Kittenna

Ooh, wish I’d requested this!

Comments

Kittenna

Ooh, wish I’d requested this!

hockey watching barista extraordinaire