After seeing tasting notes on this, I HAD to have it myself. Since I can’t fall back asleep, might as well get started on infusing it all day long.

This is the second puerh I’ve ever had, and the first to not be chocolate orange flavored. I have some of the tuochas from Teavivre but I’m still scared to use them, so when I see “angel food cake” I find a good starting point to stop being afraid. At least that’s what I hoped for, and I’m pretty sure it’s working.

I like to mix infusions when I steep in my gaiwan, so I’ll be putting 3 in a mug probably each time.

This is kind of ridiculous. How is this even real? It seriously tastes like cake. First I get the clear taste of flour, almost like if you took uncooked pasta and put it in your mouth. There’s also malty tones to it. But then it’s sweet.

Since I am trying to teach myself French for the 38295th time (I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I was there, where has time gone?! I took 2 years of Latin and 2 semesters of Italian, plus I speak English… how hard can this really be if I try.) I already know the word for this. Délicieux!

Now on the 4th through 6th infusions, tastes more like hay. It’s still a bit sweet, but now I am tasting some cinnamon and kind of getting a cooling sensation.

Ok, finally to 7-9…I did finally fall asleep for way too long in the afternoon. I should be working on a paper. It’s tasting more like cake, this time with maybe a caramel glaze. It just tastes so good I don’t know how to describe it. Hay notes have kind of dropped off now. I get a bit more cinnamon now.

I’m going to 18. I am. Just you wait.

Where’s the remaining 9?? :P

momo

I did 3 more the next morning and then I couldn’t do anymore hahaha I needed something different.

Kittenna

:D Yeah I decided I’d start again later with a fresh batch instead of continuing with my leaves from last night… especially since I didn’t even finish the third cup. m bored of it :P

Comments

Kittenna

Where’s the remaining 9?? :P