drank Lime Jello Salad Green Tea by 52teas

This has been in my fridge now for a good 17 or so hours, so it’s definitely time to give it a try. I was waiting for a “day in the 80s” according to my first note, but it’s only 78 because of repeated storms since last night; fine by me!

This was amazing hot, so I don’t think it can raise the bar cold. You’d think since it’s based on jello, that wouldn’t be the case but just re-reading my old note brought back the flavors of it.

It really does taste the same, but maybe the lime is missing a bit. The pineapple, the creamy marshmallows, and even the unmistakable jello type taste are all present but it seems like it needs just a touch more lime. Not that it’s not amazing the way it is. It still completely amazes me that it actually has that jello taste to it. It actually just reminded me that when my brother and I were sick, sometimes we’d get “jello water” where I guess you kind of use double the water and drink it before it starts to set. That’s what it reminds me of (though pretty sure we always went with strawberry).

Seriously, this tea is so nostalgia-inducing. Hopefully on my next cup I can finally remember the name of one of those indoor playground places like Discovery Zone that had a circus theme to it, and a Chuck E Cheese type show. I haven’t wanted to call my mom out of the blue to ask if she can remember so maybe this tea will do it…or maybe one of you, but I’m wondering if it was a one-off location or just around the Chicago suburbs way back? Almost 20 years ago I bet. I just wish I could remember! Back to drinking this so maybe I can.

SimpliciTEA

“nostalgia-inducing” is always good.

Comments

SimpliciTEA

“nostalgia-inducing” is always good.

hockey watching barista extraordinaire