drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

I just made an elaborate mixed drink out of this to celebrate finally getting a couple weeks of summer. I just hope I passed International Trade.

Pineapple upside down cake is the inspiration, but I had no cherries. I brewed Tropicalia at double strength and let it steep for about 20 minutes.

In a shaker, I added lots of ice, a bit too much cake flavored vodka, a cup of Tropicalia, and a splash of coconut milk. Shook it all up, strained it into a glass, and topped it with coconut rum.

It’s a bit too strong, I think I’d add less cake vodka or I’d get something cherry flavored for topping it off. But it is definitely what I need right now.

I really want to order two of the perfect mugs but I want free shipping, and I have so much DT stuff right now that I can’t reach it. What a weird problem to have.

DaisyChubb

amazingly yum!

PatchworkSheep

Oh man I was all over that perfect mug sale. I love the glass ones!

momo

I couldn’t resist the space invaders print one in the end. I thought about getting a glass one but I ended up getting another print one, the black celebration one.

tigress_al

Those mugs sure are tempting, expecially the space invaders one…

Daniel Scott

OMG. I can’t believe Space Invaders is back. I never got one the first time, and was so upset – I didn’t realize at the time that the designs rotate/change so much at DT. I will practically cry if they aren’t in stores too, I have no way to order online. :(

Daniel Scott

…Oh, but the mixed drink sounds delicious. :P You can get cake flavoured vodka?

Comments

DaisyChubb

amazingly yum!

PatchworkSheep

Oh man I was all over that perfect mug sale. I love the glass ones!

momo

tigress_al

Those mugs sure are tempting, expecially the space invaders one…

Daniel Scott

…Oh, but the mixed drink sounds delicious. :P You can get cake flavoured vodka?

hockey watching barista extraordinaire