drank Pink Flamingo by DAVIDsTEA

Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It’s quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of it right now.

It comes off more as a ruby red grapefruit rather than a ruby red hibiscus tea. I think the lemongrass is actually quite good here, I know I’ve said before that sometimes if it doesn’t fit, it makes whatever it is taste like Froot Loops. I love how this is tart without it being the hibiscus for once. It has some nice citrusy notes to it.

I think after Mamma Mia the surprise lies in the fact I actually like this since it seems like such an odd combination of various things…carrots? Eucalyptus leaves? It works. As I’ve let it sit, the tartness has lost its bite, so to speak. The first sip actually felt like a pinch inside my cheek but now it seems tamed. I was considering adding agave but now it’s good.

I probably wouldn’t get this normally (I received it in *DaisyChubb*’s iced tea swap I believe!) but I will sure enjoy this the rest of the summer, so for the next 2 1/2 months.

Iced
Bonnie

I like this…it reminds me of marmalaide from England with grapefruit in it.

Helena

oooh I love marmalade :D

DaisyChubb

It’s so different from Mamma Mai – I expected them to taste similar! But this one wins hands down ;)

Mia! Mai Mia!

Comments

Bonnie

I like this…it reminds me of marmalaide from England with grapefruit in it.

Helena