drank Cinnamon Plum by Rishi Tea

Thank you, TeaEqualsBliss!!

Since the tin said to brew it in apple cider for something different, and for some reason I have a bunch of apple cider k-cups, I made one and then steeped this in it for a really long time…because I forgot about it entirely. I planned to have it iced anyway but now I made it super strong!

When I got back from mailing some swaps and going to the grocery store for some vegetables for dinner, I remembered and added ice to have with my salad. I really dislike Kroger but they have a $5.99 a pound salad bar with four kinds of lettuce, a prepared Greek salad, and tons of toppings; it even includes grilled chicken, which surprised me but I wasn’t gonna touch it. My little salad was only $1.74! Meanwhile good luck getting a decent bell pepper…ugh. I appreciate vegetables that aren’t always attractive but when they’re soft in spots and 50% bruised, I draw the line. I almost bought an organic one but they wanted an obscene $3 for ONE.

Anyway. This was BRIGHT red to the point of very much resembling wine. It definitely has a mulled wine taste, although I have never had any…I just know the smell and this is how I always imagined it would taste. I thought my really long infusion would add too much cinnamon but it’s the perfect amount of spice. The combination of fruit really does taste like a wine, a bit of berry, plum, and apple. Not sure what kind of red but definitely very winelike.

Well at least now I know what to do with these apple cider cups! I think I have more of them than I do this tea, but I think I would definitely get this again. The price isn’t too bad either!

hockey watching barista extraordinaire