drank Silk Dragon by The Tea Merchant

Thank you for the samples, The Tea Merchant! I planned to start with Trinitea but saw “iced tea recommended” on the page on here, so while it cools in the fridge, I figured I’d try this.

This is everything I wished the vanilla oolong from DavidsTea would be. It’s in your face vanilla, but you can still taste the the oolong underneath it. It has a lingering, green aftertaste from both the oolong and the lemon myrtle. I get more of an herb taste rather than a citrus taste, though I can smell lemon.

Steeped, it smells like a mix of spice cake and sugar cookies. The dry leaf straight up just smells like cake, and the oolong is so pretty, green and twisty.

So much vanilla. I love it. So sweet, creamy, and smooth. I still get a lot of oolong, some nice green and floral notes, and I imagine it comes out a bit more on subsequent steeps that I probably won’t do today because I have to wake up at 8 for the first time in I don’t even know how long.

I will definitely consider purchasing this one!

hockey watching barista extraordinaire