drank Chance Combinations by Custom

First try recreating Teavana’s Thai Tea Blend

1 tsp Della Terra Teas Coconut Trees & Vanilla Fields
1/2 tsp Simpson & Vail Rooibos French Vanilla
1/2 tsp Simpson & Vail Almond Sugar Cookie

Drinking it alongside Thai Tea Blend to compare. It might be too much almond. The Almond Sugar Cookie is pretty strong…it permeated the entire box. I’m not a fan of almond tea so this was not pleasant. But I know there’s almond in Thai Tea Blend and I can handle it.

It might need a bit more vanilla. One of the ingredients tastes a bit perfume like and I’m wondering if that’s the almond cookie also. I picked that one because it would have a bit more vanilla too, so it’s weird.

Otherwise it’s pretty damn close. I think it actually has more body than the original.
Now to figure out which one has the floral notes and to try to replace just it.

LiberTEAS

I don’t know if you’re just trying to re-create that specific blend, or if you’re looking for a really good Thai Tea … but this is one of the best ones that I’ve tried: http://sororiteasisters.com/2012/06/28/organic-thai-iced-tea-blend-from-arbor-teas/ It tastes so very much like authentic Thai Iced Tea that you’d get at a Thai restaurant.

momo

Yeah it’s not really like Thai iced tea at all, I prefer to drink it hot rather than cold despite the fact I think they were trying to make it like Thai iced tea. It’s more like a black/rooibos blend with vanilla and almond. But that tea does look interesting, I may have to get it too.

Comments

LiberTEAS

momo