drank Santa's Secret by DAVIDsTEA

Wow apparently I have not had this tea since last December. Let’s see how well it has aged!

Without even drinking it, I can tell you well. I am basically drooling waiting for it to cool down because it smells like candy canes. I really wanted something minty after loading up on the most amazing soup I have ever made.

Think baked potato soup…but using cauliflower instead. I LOVE cauliflower soups, this is hardly going to last 3 meals for me. http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2012/10/creamy-cauliflower-soup-with-bacon-and.html
I at least hope it’s supposed to make 4 servings, but I don’t even care.

Now I am freaking out looking at Twitter, like the stuff coming out of NYC is SO SCARY. Like every picture is more terrifying than the next.

I can’t tell if it’s just bad or what, but it tastes really, really astringent, and I can’t figure if that’s because it’s 11 months old or oversteeped…I steeped it for 3 1/2 minutes and didn’t use boiling water, knowing it’s DT.

Blahhh it feels really weird on my tongue too, do not want. May just have to get rid of this one…or seriously does it take like a 2 1/2 minute steep to get this to not be nasty and I never realized it?

Ok looking back, I didn’t like it at first, and steeped it SIX minutes and liked it. Yeahhh…probably not happening.

Fjellrev

It’s heartbreaking going back to a tea you once liked and it’s a total bomb because it got old.

momo

I don’t even know if I did like it in the first place! I can’t understand how steeping it for six minutes could even taste good!

Bonnie

Nice swap out recipe. Good for people allergic to potatoes like me.

Comments

Fjellrev

momo

Bonnie

Nice swap out recipe. Good for people allergic to potatoes like me.

hockey watching barista extraordinaire