drank Prince Vladimir by Kusmi Tea

I’m not sure about this one. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t amazing. I guess it was pretty average, despite the fact this was probably the tea I was second most excited about in my sampler.

I did not get spices AT ALL, so it’s really weird to look through everyone else’s notes and see cinnamon and cloves. I wonder if they come out at a lower temperature, because I used boiling water. I’ve had zero problems using boiling water for all my Kusmi blacks. I’m basically steeping them like I do Darjeelings now that I think about it, boiling and 3 min.

Instead I got a very strong grapefruit flavor, just a little bergamot and lemon, and a creamy finish. It’s very subtle compared to some of their other teas.

I let it cool off entirely and it lost all its flavors really and was just a nice black tea. This one is odd.

Anastasia is still tops to me.

Ysaurella

Amanda (for me you’re still Amanda ;)) try at 90°C, it is the temperature I use with Prince Wladimir and I get the spices (strong cinnamon and strong cloves). Like you my favorite Kusmi is Anastasia but Prince Wladimir is really a nice blend, just give it another try.

momo

I am definitely still Amanda, I will probably change it back very soon :D I will definitely try it again to get the spices. I did like how it tasted but it did taste like something was missing.

haha i love that mupltiple people have reviewed this and said basically that this is an “odd” tea :)

Comments

Ysaurella

momo