drank Sun and Cloud Mist by 52teas

12 teas, day 3. Another unsuccessful guess upon opening the package. For some reason I thought orange! Weird.

I only have one tasting note on this one and it was a cold steep. I swear I may have drank it another time and not logged it but anyway, I knew I hadn’t had it hot either.

Finally getting to write this note is a pain. First this morning, the water was out. I needed to wash my clothes. I drank some of this and went back to sleep for the time being, and around 1:30, it was back on but it was lunchtime. So I ate first then loaded up the washer…only for the power to go out around 2:15 and stay out for an hour.
Miraculously at this point the washer did not grow feet and leave with all my wet clothes.

So, I do definitely like this tea hot and I want to have another cup of it later! It seemed pretty creamy when I cold steeped it but I think it’s even more marshmallowy when it’s hot. And the lemon flavor is sweet, so it really reminds me of like a lemon pound cake. I wish that would be in season…lemon pound cake, maybe with some matcha…though I am fine with a great tea equivalent to that right now!

I really have nothing to add about the yun wu because I think everything about this tea is just so well melded together it’s not easy for me even after the fact to think how this tasted as separate components. It’s a great match for lemon, perhaps the reason for the buttery type cake taste too.

CHAroma

When I first opened it, I thought mint. LOL!

Comments

CHAroma

When I first opened it, I thought mint. LOL!

hockey watching barista extraordinaire