Awww yiss, sipdown!

Yesterday I drank far less tea than I thought I would. My friend came over to my boyfriend’s cause her car’s sunroof has a leaky spot and it ended up taking way longer because she partially opened it and it would not close again. In the midst of all this, I have my laptop off the charger and at 28% battery I decide it’s time to recharge…but the wires inside have completely snapped off so there’s no power. COOL.

Thankfully my mom flat out bought the new one because she had $25 in gift certificates to Best Buy, but buying a new charger for a Macbook is a scam. The thing only lasted 16 1/2 months. And I am still kind of irritated even today because that came out of NOWHERE.

I did have a bubble tea so that’s something.

Since I just had this earlier this week, I have nothing remarkable to add. I believe this ended up with closer to 2 tsp of tea than 1 1/2 for 12 oz, so it’s a bit more astringent, but totally drinkable still without adding milk.

Probably wouldn’t buy it in the future, but it’s not a bad choice for an English Breakfast.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’ve had 2 macbook chargers actually light on fire. Scary stuff.

fermataleaf

Same here! I was using my 2006 MacBook (that was pretty much hanging on a thread) and suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see an orange flare up. When it happened a second time I realized it was coming from the charger.

It was terrifying because had the flare been any bigger my desk would have caught on fire.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Yeah. I THINK they’ve fixed the fire hazard issue on the new chargers, but the durability still sucks. :/

Same with iPhone and iPod cords. They last like 6 months. The new iPhone cable looks very promising though.

Oh well, at least if all the cords break, we’ll still have tea!

fermataleaf

I’ve faired better with iDevice cords, I still have my original iPhone charger in working condition.

Yes, indeed~ sip

Kittenna

I had a Macbook charger have a teeny explosion, a little pop, a smell of electrical smoke, and it ceased to work. I don’t know how you got a new one for $25 though – mine cost nearly $90! The rest of my power cords (iPod/iPhone) are fine though, and I’ve had them for over 2 years.

momo

I didn’t get it for $25, I wish! I just got $25 towards its ridiculous price.

I wish tea could power laptops, I’d be set for years.

fermataleaf

^ I concur. Power cords shouldn’t cost that much… it’s almost criminal…

Next Nobel Prize goes to the guy that creates tea fuel for cars too… think of how good the air would smell :)

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’ve had 2 macbook chargers actually light on fire. Scary stuff.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Oh well, at least if all the cords break, we’ll still have tea!

Yes, indeed~ sip

Kittenna

momo

I didn’t get it for $25, I wish! I just got $25 towards its ridiculous price.

I wish tea could power laptops, I’d be set for years.

fermataleaf

^ I concur. Power cords shouldn’t cost that much… it’s almost criminal…

hockey watching barista extraordinaire