drank Hojicha by Yamamotoyama

This is only my second time having hojicha, it reminds me a lot of genmaicha but less intense. Roasty toasty!

There’s just really nothing special about hojicha to me. If I wanted this taste, I’d more likely go for genmaicha.

Kasumi no Chajin

I love both, interesting that I find genmai less intense :)

I also just got in Den’s Houji-Genmaicha :D

charab

I love both of them, need to write on genmaicha soonish…I’m a sucker for roasted and smoky ones. Sigh. Tough life. But yeah, hojicha is more plain when compared to genmaicha, but then again it makes a very good companion tea for other flavors which one can enjoy in pastries and whatnot. Or a good tea for a good whiskey on the side. Whichever comes first.

Comments

Kasumi no Chajin

I love both, interesting that I find genmai less intense :)

I also just got in Den’s Houji-Genmaicha :D