drank Constant Companion by Gong Fu Tea Shop

Ok really trying to catch up on teas now. I’m almost halfway through though, so that’s a plus! If I don’t include that I haven’t drank many of the secondary teas people included in the 12 Teas of Christmas swap haha.

This was really good, and I’m bummed I used it all up, but mostly because it was just the comforting flavor I needed when I drank it. It was like a tea hug. There’s just something about orange spice that feels good when you’re not feeling too well. I had added just a little sugar to it in hopes of giving it maybe some kind of spiced cookie taste which I enjoyed.

It also really reminded me of when we stuck cloves into an orange for Christmas at school. I have no idea why, because I remember making my mom let me make one at home and I FULLY covered that orange and then I think she never wanted me to do it again. But looking it up I found out a) it’s called a pomander and b) if you completely cover the surface of the peel with cloves it can last for months. I WAS THINKING LONG TERM, MOM.

Anna

Oh, I love pomanders – we make lots every year and hang all over the house. My fingertips hurt for days, but it smells so, so good – definitely worth it.

Comments

Anna

hockey watching barista extraordinaire