kaylee was kind enough to send me a sample of her custom version of this tea with Organic Huangshan Mao Feng as the base!

Wow this is a completely different tea…I really like this green tea. However, I do strongly prefer the original darjeeling base.

Thank you so much for letting me try it, kaylee!

Gosh I was so busy this weekend I basically wasn’t on Steepster at all! Did I miss anything exciting?

Kaylee

It’s amazing how much different bases can change a tea!

You didn’t miss much. I think a lot of people were busy.

whatshesaid

I think I will have to request the Irish cream cheesecake as a sample with my next Butiki order (whenever that will be… Must get rid of lots of “meh” teas first

Stephanie

Sorry whatshesaid…It’s not actually available right now! The original darjeeling base was not well received (I loved it though!) So I think they are re-working it with another base tea :)

whatshesaid

Ohhhh booooo. Yeah I thought I read some not so great reviews on it, well nice that they’re trying to tweak it! I will wait, maybe by the time I’m ready to order :)

Comments

Kaylee

It’s amazing how much different bases can change a tea!

You didn’t miss much. I think a lot of people were busy.

Stephanie

whatshesaid

Graphic artist, printmaker, lover of tea.

I love pretty much every type of tea camellia sinensis can produce. I like herbal teas sometimes but I can’t stand rooibos.

Butiki, Verdant, Mandala, TeaVivre and Den’s are my favorite online retailers so far.

Southern Indiana