This is my first rooibos tea and settled on it on my first visit to Happy Lucky’s Tea House in Fort Collins, Colorado. While in aw to mass amounts of teas at my hand this was the choice of my girl friend and is now my favorite nighttime tea since there is no caffeine.
Rooibus Tea is made from the needle-like leaves of a caffeine-free bush that is native to the South African region. The major benefit to this tea is that it does not go bitter if you let it steep to long. This blend contains dried raspberry flakes.
This is a wonderful “desert” tea if you where to classify it do to its sweet taste and aroma. This makes a wonderful relaxing tea that is soothing and not overpowering to the pallet, even though the raspberry flavor cotes on thick to you pallet and slowly fades away revealing a slight wanderlust taste. This makes a great iced tea.
- type: Rooibus
- place of origin: South Africa
- leaf-grade, if applicable: fine
- date purchased: September 30th 2012
- date brewed for these notes: October 15, 2012
- color: deep red with light brown
- constituency: fine needle like leaves
- aroma: raspberry, sweet, pleasant
TEA-TO-WATER PROPORTIONS [grams to fl oz]:
1 tsp/8 oz
BREWING VESSEL [pot, gaiwan, etc]:
chinese ceramic pot
- time: 5 minutes
- temp: boiling water
- color: golden red with hint of light brown
- aroma: sweet rasberry
- taste: sweet, raspberry, slight hint of honey
- leaf appearance: dense needle like structure brownish color
- leaf aroma: raspberry, light hint of honey