Vanilla. Yep, that pretty much says it all. From first opening the tin, to initial steeping through final sip it’s all about the vanilla.

What I really like about this tea is that the vanilla was more creamy, somehow more genuine, than your typical vanilla flavored food. It also develops a completely different character as it cools. My final sip was from a cold cup and I picked up a distinct bourbon note which has me thinking about including this in an iced tea mix or possibly infusing a bag or two into some gin.

Not bad for a bag tea.

ashmanra

I haven’t had the bagged, but when you make it loose leaf there are lots of vanilla bean bits left in the bottom of the last cup of each pot. MMMMM.

Paul M Tracy

I wanted to try a lot of different teas from H & S this time and they only offer some of them in large quantities or in the tag-a-long tins. However, all their sachets this time have been very good.

ashmanra

Just saw a post that if you call the Millerton store, they will ship you loose tea in amounts over two ounces even if it isn’t offered that way on the website. I will have to give that a try.

Comments

ashmanra

Paul M Tracy

ashmanra

avid reader and fitness freak – my tasting notes are brutally honest and range from raving fanaticism to snarky *please don’t take them personally*

Scottsdale, Arizona